Here is the latest on the Stapleton real estate market this week. Even if you’re not in the market to buy or sell at the moment it’s always fun to check out the new listings, get ideas for your home and see what homes are selling for around the neighborhood.
There were 7 new Stapleton listings that hit the market this week. That’s a little less than usual but that makes sense since the first part of the week was a holiday.
If you’re not finding what you’re hoping for in the resale listings we have a few other posts that may help you out. The first is all about spec homes (available homes that are already under construction with builders) and the second post tells you all the inventory available with Thrive Home Builders in Stapleton. (ranging from $200k – $1.2M!)
There were 10 Stapleton homes that went under contract last week. I noticed that these listings took a little longer to sell than they would have earlier in the year. The median days on market (meaning how long before something goes under contract) was 14 days on these homes. That is still really quick, but it’s a little slower than it was in Spring. We’re hitting that point in summer where people in Stapleton are largely focused on vacations and not so much on moving. I expect July and August to be a little slower, then I think it will pick back up in September.
8 Stapleton homes closed over the past week.
There are currently 43 active resale listings in Stapleton. There are quite a few options available in the $800k+ market. That segment of the market is a little more balanced, meaning buyers have a little bit of room to negotiate. That’s not the case in lower price points where for the most part sellers are in control.
The Parkwood “Asheville” plan listed at 8373 E 55th Ave is always a good option. The Infinity Vue at 9193 E 36th Ave is also an interesting home, it’s south-facing on a park just steps from Jet Stream pool! I love the view you get from the master bedroom and the loft…lots of green space and mountains.
Resale Stapleton Buyer & Seller Needs
Here’s what we’re keeping an eye out for our buyers!
- Under $325k, anywhere in Stapleton, 2+ beds (not part of the affordable housing program)
- $600k or less, anywhere in Stapleton, 4+ beds, 2,000 – 2,500 finished sf (including basement)
- $800-$950k range, Central Park West location only, 3000+ finished sf, like Parkwood and Infinity homes.
Sellers Coming Soon…
- Low $600k’s – Thrive Home Builders “Belcaro” floor plan in Central Park West. Walkable to the new “Sprouts” grocery store! Corner lot, open layout, tons of upgrades and a finished basement! 4 beds and over 3,000 finished sf. This one is a good fit for someone with patience; it won’t hit the market until early Sept with a late 2017 possession date for the buyer.
- High $500’s – KB Homes 4 beds, 3.5 baths (plus office and den) in Conservatory Green. Quiet corner lot with unobstructed mountain views. Highly upgraded main floor and custom designed/finished basement! This one should hit the market in late July.
Have a great weekend and as always, if you’re looking for a Stapleton-based agent (and neighbor) to help you find your perfect home, Mariel and I at Focus Real Estate are here to help!