Did you know that some of the Stapleton builders are running out of lots in Beeler Park and it may be late 2018/early 2019 before we see more lots come on-line for some of them?
You can learn more about that, see what the builders have left in Beeler Park at the moment, check out all the new resale listings and review our coming soon listings all in this jam packed weekly update on the Stapleton market!
As always, lets start our update with a review of the new listings that hit the market this week. We saw 17 new listings come on-line. That’s a strong amount of new listings in one week and it again tells us that inventory is growing as we get into the spring selling season. Too much inventory? Not even close. As you’ll see below there are only 46 total active Stapleton listings and 15 went under contract this week alone, which says we have about 3 weeks worth of inventory available. A “balanced” market (meaning buyers and sellers have equal leverage to negotiate based on the amount of inventory) is probably 4-6 months of inventory. So we’re still very short on available listings and in general sellers are still wielding the power in negotiations.
Enough stats, back to the houses! How about the new listing at 5046 Uinta St that Sarah Rogers just listed? It’s a newer modern style priced in the $500k’s and it has 5 bedrooms plus a finished basement! Worth checking out for sure!
Looking in the $400k’s and want a single family detached Stapleton home on the South side of I-70? That is a rare unicorn to find these days but two did just come up this week. One is at 2678 Central Park Blvd and the other is 9128 E 23rd Ave. In that price range those two should sell quickly.
There were 15 homes that went under contract this week in Stapleton. Of the 15, 7 were listed and under contract in the first week on the market. Most well priced homes that show great are gone in the first weekend, worse case in the second weekend based on what we’ve experienced lately.
Just a quick heads up regarding timing if you’re thinking of making a move this year. A lot of our buyer clients like to move in well before summer ends so they can get settled in, especially if they have kids and they want to be in before the new school year starts. If that resonates with you, it’s time to get going on your move! Buyers that are contracting on homes now are probably closing in mid May and then letting the seller lease the home back until around early June in many cases. (These lease backs to sellers are needed because sellers typically want to close on the sale of their current home then live in it a little while until their next home is ready) My point is it’s only late March but if you want to be moving in around June it’s time to get on it. (and that assumes you can find the home you want quickly which is not always the case in this tight market)
5 Stapleton homes sold and closed in the past week. See them all at the link above!
There are currently 46 active resale listings in Stapleton. It’s great to see there are 19 homes available in the neighborhood in the $500k’s and $600k’s price range. That’s the middle of the market for the neighborhood in terms of price point so nice to see those buyers have some options at the moment. (There are lots of weeks where we only see a handful of options in that price range.)
Checked out all the listings above and still haven’t found one that works for you? Before you go check out this update on the builder homes and lots that are still available in Beeler Park as well as our list of coming soon listings below. We’ve helped several buyers and sellers put together multiple sales recently before the homes are even officially listed so if we can make a match let’s chat!
New Build Inventory In Beeler Park:
Like I mentioned at the top of this post, the builders are selling through their current lots quickly and the next neighborhood of Stapleton (which will be called “North End” by the way), located to the East of Beeler Park, won’t come on-line until late 2018/early 2019. So we’re going to see a gap in time in the middle to second half of 2018 where buyers are not going to have many new build options that fit their needs. If you want to get in on a new build before that gap arrives here are some of your options. These are the basics, email us if you want more specifics and we’ll provide them.
Parkwood Homes: Parkwood has been on fire with their sales. They are now down to having just 1 spec home available in Beeler Park and zero lots available to build on. (zero!) The spec homes is a completed single family Westport plan. If you love Parkwood and you want to be living in a new one in Stapleton before 2020 (I say 2020 cause if you start to build one in 2019 they take a year to finish) your options are this spec home or a home in their new “Painted Ladies” series. The Painted Ladies series just released their first 4 lots and they sold immediately. There will be 4 more releasing soon then that’s it until the next neighborhood comes on-line. (To learn more about the Painted Ladies series and hear how we’ll take you to San Fransisco if you’re the first one to build one of these with Focus Real Estate check out this post we just did!)
Infinity Homes: Infinity Home Collection is down to a few lots left in their VIVE series and their LUXE series in Beeler Park, then buyers will be waiting for the next neighborhood. These homes are all dirt starts and take 8-9 months to build. (Infinity is excellent with their building timeframes so you can count on them)
Thrive Home Builders: Thrive is chewing through their lots very quickly. They’re affordable income qualified town homes, Elements, are on a wait list. Qualified buyers can likely get one still but it will be a late 2019 home delivery involved so it only works if you can be patient. They’re down to a handful of lots in their Vita series (just a few plan 1, plan 2 and plan 3 options left…no plan 4 or 5 left!) They have a few dirt starts and spec homes that are either done or done soon in their “Zero Energy Now” ZEN 2.0 series. Lastly, they have 8 Panacea lots left (their latest collection). You can check out the overall Panacea lot map here and then check out this document to see which plan sits on each lot.
Boulder Creek Builders: In their ranch style home series Boulder Creek has 2 spec homes in Beeler Park, one of which has an all in price of $5557k with a finished basement!) and then they have 17 more Beeler Park lots coming so they have some inventory still. In the single family “wee cottage” series base priced in the $300k’s (learn more about this series here from a previous blog post Mariel Ross wrote) your options are running low! They’ve sold the first 29 of these just about as quick as they’ve released them and they only have 7 lots to go. If you want one of these 7 it’s possible but you’d need to get on it quick.
Wonderland Homes: Wonderland has a handful of available spec homes (meaning homes that are completed or close to completion) in their Portrait series, their Prominence series, their 47th Ave rows series and their Freedom town home series. The Freedom series has been selling especially quick lately with 9 sales in the last few weeks. They still have some more lots to sell in this series though because it was one of the last series to start selling so if you want a town home in the high $400k’s – high $500k’s this could be a great fit.
David Weekley Homes: David Weekley Homes is nearly sold out in Beeler Park. They have an available single family spec home Graham Peak plan that will be done around August 2018. In their paired home series they have two spec homes remaining in the high $400k’s/low $500k’s ready for July move in. Both of these plans are the “Bushnell Peak” plan and you can check out a virtual tour of one here. They also have 5 lots in this paired home series if you want to do a dirt start.
KB Home: KB is sold out of their single family “Wildflower” collection and their mid Century modern “Starlight” collection. In their KB paired home collection they have 3 quick move in specs in the mid $400k’s (all “Cedar” floor plans) left in Beeler Park. (KB will be one of the first builders to get lots in “North End”, Stapleton’s up-coming neighborhood to the East of Beeler Park! In the first filing of North End they’ll have 14 paired home lots and 3 “Starlight” range series lots. I expect these first lots in this new area to start releasing in Fall 2018.
CalAtlantic Homes: CalAtlantic has 4 spec homes in their paired home series that are available now and 6 dirt lots that could be built on. They have a variety of plans available, some with basements and others without. After these are gone they’re sold out in Beeler Park.
Creekstone Homes: Creekstone has a paired home series with one spec home (the A3 Craftsman plan) and 6 lots left then they’re sold out in Beeler Park.
Lennar: Fully sold out in Beeler Park.
Last but not least – check out our buyer needs and coming soons!
Buyer Needs (have a home that fits? We’d love to hear about it!):
- Under $600,000 single family close to Swigert or Southside Stapleton
- $625k or less, anywhere in Stapleton, 4+ beds, 2,000 – 2,500 finished sf (including basement)
- $800k or less, craftsman or more traditional style home
- $850 or less Eastbridge neighborhood of Stapleton (flexible on timing)
- $900k or less, South Stapleton Parkwood or New Town (flexible on timing)
Sellers We Have Coming Soon (Some sellers may be open to early showings!):
- Mid $200k’s – Income-qualified Thrive town home in Conservatory Green. Two bedroom and roughly 1,100 sf. Walkable location near parks, pool and restaurants. Income restrictions apply. Coming Summer 2018.
- Low $400’s – Highly upgraded Thrive town home in Conservatory Green with outstanding walkability! Coming to the market Summer 2018.
- Mid $400k’s – KB Paired home in Willow Park East. 3bd/2.5ba with unfinished basement and great proximity to the new Prairie Meadows Park! Coming to the market late Fall 2018.
- Low $500k’s – KB single family home on a street (so no second HOA) located near Eastbridge Town Center. 2 bed (loft could easily be third bedroom)/2.5 bath, 1,795 sf above grade, unfinished basement. Nice back yard. Nice furniture available with the sale. Coming April/May 2018.
- Mid $500k’s – Amazing KB Home with mountain views in Wicker Park. Amazing finishes, open floor plan and 3 bedrooms upstairs. Coming Fall 2018.
- Mid $500k’s – Beautiful Wonderland home on a courtyard in walkable location near Stanley, schools, pools & more. 4 beds, 3 baths & a finished basement. Coming Summer 2018.
- Mid $500k’s – Wonderland Homes modern town home in Willow Park East. The home is the “Bradbury” plan in the “Edge” series which features an open layout, main floor office space, 2 bedrooms upstairs and a loft upstairs and a 3rd bedroom in the finished basement! Coming Fall 2018.
- Mid $600k’s – David Weekley Homes three story home in Bluff Lake just a short bike ride from Stanley Marketplace and the Eastbridge Town Center. This home features 4 bedrooms, a spectacular 3rd floor deck with mountain views, amazing finishes & it’s caddy corner to an awesome pocket park! With 2,828 sf above ground this one is an amazing value in the mid $600k’s. Coming late April 2018.
As always, if you’re looking for a Stapleton-based agent (and neighbor) to help you find your perfect home, Mariel, Amy and I at Focus Real Estate are here to help! You can reach me at (720) 299-1730 if I can be of service in any way.
* Our Friday real estate updates are meant to be a “roundup” type post where we discuss all listings in Stapleton, not just our own. It’s our way of making sure we follow the market closely and we share it with the Scoop readers, because we know many of you like to track real estate in the area as well. Many of the listings in these posts are not our company’s listings and we wanted to mention that here to make sure it’s clear. Thanks for reading the Scoop!